The USS Neptune Newsletter and Website are accepting submissions. We are looking for both non-fiction articles on sciences, and fandom activities in the area as well as short, “flash” fiction entries.
- Deadline for submission in the newsletter is the 20th of the prior month. (For example, the deadline for the December newsletter is November 20th.)
- Articles need to be your writing not just reprints for copyright reasons. Give us the basics of the story and your comments. We can include links to the full article. Please limit article sizes to 500 words or less.
- Flash Fiction submissions are not limited to Star Trek fan fiction. All submissions in sci-fi or fantasy genres are welcome. Please limit stories to 1200 words or less. But if your story is larger than 1200 words don’t let that stop you. We will accept serial submissions.
- Writing submissions need to be in a Microsoft Office compatible format.
- Photos or artwork are welcome with our submissions. Please submit as .jpeg or .png.
- Please keep content family oriented as we encourage members of all ages. But terms like “family oriented” and “family friendly” are suggestive so keep in mind if George Carlin couldn’t say it on TV, then you probably want to use a different word. Also, if you feel that your story needs a little loving please keep it PG/PG 13 on paper and let the good stuff happen in our imaginations.
Comments or questions are welcome.